The complete Zoom recording of the first day of magCulture Live 2020.
The theme for the day was Activism.
• Introduction by Jeremy Leslie
• Steven Heller, critic and author, overview of activism in magazines (from 7:20)
( • Beirut Editions appeal, from 57:50)
• Alice Grandoit*, Deem Journal (from 1:01:02)
• Maya Mounme, Journal Safar (from 1:20:10)
• Karl Henkell, Record Culture (from 1:48:00)
• ( Commercial Type ad, from 2:07:55)
• Sachini Imbuldeniya, Studio Pi* (from 2:09:50)
• Rick Poynor, critic and author, on David King’s cover designs for City Limits (from 2:27:50)
• Terri White, Empire (from 2:55:30)
The event took place on Wednesday 18 November 2020, live from the magCulture Shop in London. The video is an unedited record of the entire 03:27:00 session, recorded using the Zoom feed.
We present the video here to give free access to the day’s ticket holders. The price for non-ticket holders is the same as that charged for live access on the day.